Choker is back - cooler than ever! And if you want to be part of this super awesome 90's resurgence, you should totally consider getting yourself one. Just saying :)
We were told by a guy friend of ours that chokers make ladies look oddly sexy. It's probably one of guy's fantasy of having something around the ladies' neck. But we agree that wearing a choker definitely brings out a stronger personality.
It has this edgy, fun and flirty vibes that could make many heads turn.
We see many top models - Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Behati Prinsloo, influencers - Chiara Ferragni (The Blonde Salad), Rumi Neely (Fashion Toast), and celebrities - Rihanna, Katy Perry, have been rocking the choker trend when they're "off duty" this year.
Though it is a fashion piece that many would love to own, it is still an accessory that many are afraid to wear simply because they don't know how to wear it or when to wear it.
We get that a lot from our customers.
So let us help you there, sweetie. Here are the 5 Most Trendy Chokers and Ways To Wear It.
1. Plain Black Velvet Choker is a strong statement piece. You would want to wear it with a low-cut top or an off-shoulder apparel. You can also pair it with any crop top & high waisted jeans for a retro look.
2. Tiny "Tie-Around" Choker brings out the fun and flirty side of you. What's great about this choker is that it is extremely versatile, because of its tiny and simple design. You can wear it with any outfit you like, whether it is a baby tee, round-neck top, a flowy top or an off-shoulder top. It's so effortlessly chic!
How to style: Tie it around in a bow for a cheeky look or loop it around your neck for a clean look.
Credit: Kendall Jenner, Vogue UK
3. Wrap Choker is equally as versatile as the Tiny "Tie-Around" Choker but gives a softer, sexy, feminine look. It is such an easy piece to play around to give you different looks. You can pair this choker with a low-cut top, an off-shoulder top, a button down t-shirt, or even a bathing suit.
If you wish to wear it with any round-neck top, it would be great to loop it around your neck until it is left a little for a knot or bow.
How to style: Loop it around your neck and end it with a bow or a knot as seen in Vanessa Hudgens below. It can also be worn by just looping it around your neck and hang it loose; or loop it into 3-4 rounds for a "grungy" look.
Credit: Vanessa Hudgens, Pinterest
4. Gold Metalic Choker is a statement piece that can be worn for dinner events, work or leisure time. It is best to pair with a simple basic top so it stands out.
Credit: Alessandra Ambrosio, Getty Image
5. Super Thick Choker for a bold look. You can pair this with an off-shoulder top so it stands out or pair it with a blouse or a T-shirt blouse for a casual look, just like how Kendall Jenner would wear it!
This is great especially for ladies with longer neck.
Credit: Kendall Jenner, Splash News Online
Credit: Kendall Jenner, Inquisitr
We hope you find these tips helpful. Happy shopping for that choker that matches your style!