LIVLOLA is initiating a Fundraising Drive to help our Refugee community supporting them with basic needs and reliefs here in Malaysia. This charity drive is held in conjunction with World Refugee Day and International Yoga Day in June 2022.
Entrance to the event is by donation basis and all sales proceeds will be given out as donation to the beneficiary. Donation (without attending the event) is accepted as well.
Event Date: 25th June 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 8:00am - 9:30am
Location: KLCC Park. Tap here for the exact spot.
Spot us from across Symphony Lake, right next to the elevated bridge & lake with a metal-sculptured whale.
- 1-hour Vinyasa Yoga with Evelyn Loh, founder of One Earth Yoga Mont Kiara
- 30-minutes sharing session led by MEWRO (Myanmar Ethnic Women Refugee Organisation)
BYO: Yoga mat, water bottle and towel
Attire: Pop in pink
Suitable for all ages and levels of experience to join.
- Refuge For The Refugees (RFTR) is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that develops services and networks to empower refugees and advocate for their rights in Malaysia. Their work includes support for individuals, emergency relief and aid, education programs, case management, and policy development. Today, RFTR supports and empowers 35 refugee schools and 2 halfway homes across Myanmar and Malaysia, ensuring and fighting for quality education for all.
- The Red Clinic offers holistic healthcare services that is patient-focused, accessible and inclusive that includes offering personalised healthcare services to the refugee community. They are a GP clinic with psychology, sonography and dietetic services and is located in Jaya One.
Let's take care of the people around us, support each other hand in hand, heart to heart.
Vinyasa Yoga is all about rhythmic yoga movements and poses timed to our breath. Vinyasa practice allows for a lot of variety, expect to move from pose to pose, some sun salutations and warm-up stretches. Bring along your workout buddy and get immersed in an invigorating flow while creating fun together!
Kindly perform a COVID-19 Self Test at home prior to coming for the session. A positive test result is not encouraged to join the session. In-person session is conducted with enhanced hygiene and safe distancing protocols. Measures include:
- Double Vaccinated & Boosted: Attendees with double vaccinated and boosted status are only allowed to join the session.
- Enhanced hygiene protocol: Attendees are to bring along their own yoga mats, equipments, and towel.
- Enhanced protection: All attendees and instructor/assistant are encouraged to put on surgical masks when engaging in close proximity activities with other participants.
As this is an outdoor setting, the class is subject to weather changes.
In unforeseen circumstance of a shower happening on the day of the class, we will move the class to a virtual Zoom session. An invitation link will be sent via our LIVLOLA Telegram group.
I've never done yoga before, can I still attend?
This is a beginner-level friendly class where our yoga teacher will be guiding you on foundational vinyasa yoga. It is a session worth exploring especially when you're a beginner!
How do I get access to the class?
We will send an email of your order once you have successfully checked out and made payment on our website. The order number serves as the entrance ticket for you to attend the class. Do check your inbox/spam inbox for an email from email@example.com.
If I can't make it for the class, who should I contact?
Send in your queries about your attendance, tickets etc to our
LIVLOLA Telegram group. All queries that go into our Telegram group will get immediate attention & assistance.
If I can't make it for the class, can I share my ticket with a friend?
Yes you can! Your friend would only need to mention the Order Number upon entering the class.